limited production :: hand crafted :: high performance :: rechargeable :: premium flashlights

This is my blog about creating a startup LED flashlight business. I'm a designer, fabricator, and strategist and I'm passionate about making ideas real. I believe that products are about people, that they should be built to last, deliver real value, and that we need to do a better job than we have in the recent past.

Most of my career has been contract or freelance work and I've crafted products and strategies for both big international companies and startups. I also used to work in the "industry" fabricating special effects for film and TV, along with the occasional hot rod. Bottom line, I love making things.

I'm starting this blog so you can follow along, from day one, and see what it's like to start a business, or fail in the process. Only time will tell, but I hope you find this interesting enough to stay tuned, comment, link, like, tweet, and (most importantly) participate in turning this idea into something tangible and valuable.

For a good place to get started with general info about who, what, why, etc., check out the "Stickies" on the left side of the page. Thanks for stopping by and please don't hesitate to ask questions and get involved!

Please sign up for my email list to get updates and notifications for contests and giveaways!

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Blue Label Wait List...sign up now!

It's come to my attention that I may have mistakenly directed people to this email list instead of the wait list. I have already sent out a confirmation email to everyone on the wait list (check your spam). If you didn't get the email and think you should be on the wait list, then please follow this link and sign up. If you received the email, there is no need to sign up again.

If this is news to you and you still want to be on the wait list, by all means, sign up :) I'll be releasing a batch of Blue-Label lights on (or around) January 1. People on the wait list will be notified of new stock (and emailed a special purchase link) 48 hours before the lights are released for general sale on my website. If they sell out, then no stock goes up on the site.


I'll be releasing a limited number of Blue-Label lights each month... basically what I'll have time to build. Right now the plan is to do 5 lights in each finish, so a maximum of 15 lights per month. Ready-Made lights will continue to be "in stock" and ship within (most of the time) 48 hours. I'm going to be working on a few big projects this year and I need to have time to actually get them going.

  1. A pen based around the Montblanc Fineliner and Rollerball cartridge
  2. A "AAA" sized light with the Nichia 219 "High Color Rendering" LED
  3. The last one is still a secret...lighting related...but not a flashlight :) 

2 comments:

  1. I want to be the first to sign up for the pen!!!!! Also, the new AAA light as well!!!!! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jason -
    Looks like 2013 is going to be an ambitious and exciting year with the new projects you have lined up. I've been waiting so long for a small Dark Sucks light that I nearly dropped my ipad when I read you are going to build AAA lights. They will be very popular as high quality AAA lights are becoming very sought after especially when they accept a 10440 battery. Hopefully, development goes smoothly without too many hiccups and setbacks. Any thoughts on a name yet? Please keep us posted with any updates (or maybe even a video). Thanks and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete