limited production :: hand crafted :: high performance :: rechargeable :: premium flashlights

This is my blog about creating a startup LED flashlight business. I'm a designer, fabricator, and strategist and I'm passionate about making ideas real. I believe that products are about people, that they should be built to last, deliver real value, and that we need to do a better job than we have in the recent past.

Most of my career has been contract or freelance work and I've crafted products and strategies for both big international companies and startups. I also used to work in the "industry" fabricating special effects for film and TV, along with the occasional hot rod. Bottom line, I love making things.

I'm starting this blog so you can follow along, from day one, and see what it's like to start a business, or fail in the process. Only time will tell, but I hope you find this interesting enough to stay tuned, comment, link, like, tweet, and (most importantly) participate in turning this idea into something tangible and valuable.

For a good place to get started with general info about who, what, why, etc., check out the "Stickies" on the left side of the page. Thanks for stopping by and please don't hesitate to ask questions and get involved!

Please sign up for my email list to get updates and notifications for contests and giveaways!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Pre-Production run is SOLD OUT!

I'm excited to announce that I have sold all of my pre-production lights...just in time for my first regular production run which should be available next week! Contact me if you want to pre-order. As always, quantities are limited and first come, first served. One of the biggest changes is a provision for a titanium pocket clip!

This clip is attached to a "raw" (un-plated) prototype
This clip is "somewhat-kinda-maybe" backwards compatible with the pre-production lights. If you are a pre-production owner you can email me directly for the details. I tried really hard to make it fully compatible but it just wasn't going to happen.

I designed the clip myself and had it waterjet cut from a sheet of .040" CP 2 titanium by Keller Industries in San Carlos. The clip is captured between the tailcap and the body so it can be removed without tools. Most clips require screws, meaning if you take the clip off...two nice holes are left behind. The gap created by the clip does not adversely affect the waterproofness of the lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment