limited production :: hand crafted :: high performance :: rechargeable :: premium flashlights

This is my blog about creating a startup LED flashlight business. I'm a designer, fabricator, and strategist and I'm passionate about making ideas real. I believe that products are about people, that they should be built to last, deliver real value, and that we need to do a better job than we have in the recent past.

Most of my career has been contract or freelance work and I've crafted products and strategies for both big international companies and startups. I also used to work in the "industry" fabricating special effects for film and TV, along with the occasional hot rod. Bottom line, I love making things.

I'm starting this blog so you can follow along, from day one, and see what it's like to start a business, or fail in the process. Only time will tell, but I hope you find this interesting enough to stay tuned, comment, link, like, tweet, and (most importantly) participate in turning this idea into something tangible and valuable.

For a good place to get started with general info about who, what, why, etc., check out the "Stickies" on the left side of the page. Thanks for stopping by and please don't hesitate to ask questions and get involved!

Please sign up for my email list to get updates and notifications for contests and giveaways!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Disaster relief donation: 10 sales = $200

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who bought a light this month. I promised to donate $20 from each sale to disaster relief in Japan following this post. Times like these remind me that in an emergency, dark sucks in a very serious way. It also made me feel very comfortable sitting in front of my computer, editing photos, turning up the heat, and sipping freshly ground coffee. So, I decided if I was selling people the gift of light, then it would make sense for some of that money to those who had no electricity, no water, and no home.

(your) donation confirmation
I know Japan is a wealthy country and will recover nicely from this catastrophe. I didn't think that should stop me (and us) from helping out though. Even though the country is modernized that doesn't mean people aren't cold, hungry, hurting, and waiting for help. This is also why I donated to the Red Cross. I trust them to direct the money to where it's needed most. In the end, my customers made it possible to donate $200 and I thank you greatly for the honor of crafting a light for you and helping others in a time of need.

My most humble appreciation,

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment